We host regular Stay & Play sessions for families considering joining our Reception class. Your son can join a lesson and play time with us, and you can talk with our Reception Teacher and Headmaster. Find out the dates of our upcoming Stay & Play sessions here.
Sitting beside the prep school in our leafy 23-acre ground, Little Lockers, our pre-prep, welcomes boys from Reception (aged 4 to 5) through to Year 2. Our Little Lockers classrooms are bright, modern spaces full of life, imagination and laughter.
Small Class Sizes Allow Us to Know Your Son Well
Small class sizes of 16 or fewer – a hallmark of a Lockers Park education – ensures every child receives a high level of attention from the outset. This also means we know all our boys incredibly well. We know what makes them tick, where their strengths lie and where they need support.
Nurturing a Love of Learning
Our caring, experienced teachers know how to get the most out of boys, tapping into their natural curiosity with a creative curriculum that employs practical, interactive teaching techniques. This approach allows our boys to flourish both academically and socially.
A Full and Happy Childhood
A rich extra-curricular calendar complements pupils’ more formal learning to help our boys build strong peer groups and gain in confidence.
Here at Lockers Park we also recognise the importance of enjoying a full and happy childhood and our boys are given time to let off steam, build dens and simply have fun with friends.
We enable our boys to aim high and be the best they can be.
Little Lockers Facts
- The Little Lockers school day starts at 8:45am and finishes at 3:45pm
- We offer excellent wraparound care provision running from 7:30am until 6:00pm, all included in the tuition fees at no extra cost
- Each child has one-to-one time with their teacher, for literacy and/or numeracy activities every day.
- Our pupils focus on academic topics such as Maths and Phonics, as well as a host of co-curricular lessons such as Art, Drama, Nature & Environment and DT
- Our children are taught by experienced, caring teachers, including specialist teachers in Art, Music, Sport and Drama
- Weekly Nature & Environment lessons teach children about the natural world around them
- Little Lockers pupils enjoy a PE lesson each week, and a swimming lesson each week, all year round
- Our rich after school activity programme includes Science Club and Nature Art & Craft Club.