Our unique take on the traditional prep school ‘after school club’ means that, with the exception of Beavers, Cubs and Scouts, there’s no need to sign your son up to specific activities: everything is on tap and accessible to one and all, either during the school day or as part of our Wraparound Care provision.
What’s on offer? These, and much more besides:
- Beavers, Cubs and Scouts. We have our very own private Group (7th Hemel Hempstead), and this is a popular option; nearly half of our pupils are members of this troop.
- Warhammer Club. Creating characters, and immense battles!
- Lego Club, to hone your engineering skills.
- Drone Club, to make your own flying machine.
- Timestable Rockstars, to boost your times table powers.
- Fly Fishing, along our local waterways.
- Chapel Choir, which performs regularly at school events as well as at prestigious external events, including at St John’s Smith Square.
- Music Ensembles e.g. Samba Drumming Club; String Orchestra; Saxophone Ensemble.
- Chess Club, coached by a local county player and all but unbeaten in tournaments against other schools for as long as anyone can remember.
- Ski & Snowboard Club, which sees nearly a third of the school head off to the slopes at the local Snow Centre.
- Debating Club, where boys enjoy engaging with both serious and fun topics, and practice for our regular Debating Competitions.
- Computing Club, very popular amongst those who love to code and programme.
- Science Club, practical experiments galore!
- Art Extension, for our talented and creative artists.
- Lockers LAMDA, for Drama training and performances.
- Eco Committee, members of which regularly introduce measures to further improve the school’s positive environmental impact.
- School Council, consisting of our Prefects and two representatives of each form, where boys discuss what could be improved or added to the school day.
- Allotment Club, where boys grow vegetables and plants on a plot within our school ground.